BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

3/01/2010

Yesterday I start sketching a dragon...today its a wyvern!






Hey guys~So yesterday i was bored, Mad at RF ,wich i already uninstalled, and hungry. So what did i decided to do? A dragon! Obviously!



Phase 1: The inspiration!



I looked for some artwork from Yoshitaka Amano so i could get inspired to draw a fantasy-like scenario for my drawing~ I found some drawing of dragons made by Amano that gave me a few ideas to how my dragon would look like~



Now the scenario...I really had no idea what I'd do for the scenario...So i tought that maybe my favourite places would look good in it!
1.Something like Salar du uyuni: Erm..yeah..I love this place but i can't see a dragon on it...doesn't really match..
Then i tought..dragons are usually depicted in caves, so i remenber of another place!
2. Something Like Crystal Cave (in mexico http://www.crystalinks.com/crystalsmexico.jpg) ..but soon came to understand that maybe it would be too hard to paint/draw...
facing this personal dillema i decided to think about games , like RPGs, where we usually see tons of dragons! and so an ambient like the games from Final Fantasy XI , I , II (the most medieval final fantasys) came to mind...
3. lastly i tought of a irregular field with lil hills and stuff on a sunset with lots of swords , possibly armors ,flags stuff like that! and i got my scenario.
So phase 1 is complete!
Phase 2: Get it on paper!
Sure it looks good in your head...Only one problem..Inside your head ("...is the void") no one else will see your drawing nor will you have any use to it! So put it on paper!
At first this was a bit hard..I had a dragon and a setting, but i've never drawned these before...and i wanted my drawing to look absoluty fantastic!
So i grabed my virtual brush and start doing some simple lines, i imagined the dragon pose , where would the hills be, how big would the dragon big, where would the sun set etc. I focused mainly onthe dragon , gonna leave the background for later ~ (I always do this..but wonder if i shouldn't do it the other way around...)
Phase 3: The Dragon~
So...I started drawing my dragon ~ and haven't finished it just yet... Well here it is how he looks like right now!

~I at first he was a dragon...but then i figured i'd have problems with the hands, and made him a wyvern...He was also supost to look like a reptile..But..It's so confusing to understand a reptile's anatomy that i left it for later and did as many do , gave my dragon a humanoid body (principally the torso) . Right now I'm gonna do some details on the body, than i'll trace it and then do the background, when I'm done, if i will ever be done with it, I'll post the results here~

6 comentários:

  1. http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo346/flancdoll/sonhophase3.jpg
    The images are too small~

    ResponderExcluir
  2. I was about to comment how they were to small.

    You're getting amazing at this gaki, I'm jealous already! I never tried to draw a dragon/wyvern either, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't turn out half this amazing - which reminds me, I still want to see more of your ToA projects.


    Also, I don't know about you, but I find that sketching things first on real paper with an actual pencil always looks the best. You can scan afterwards and work from the sketch - though it's not the case here since it's simple amazing

    ResponderExcluir
  3. aah~Kitte-nii~ I'm so happy you like it~ But I really doubt you should get jealous. You seriously should post some of your stuff, thei awesome! Don't worry don't worry~ ToA projects will seriously rock!

    Oh yes i usually do that, I sketch it on paper and then scan it...But..some other times I'm like "the paper + pencil are there...The computer is right here..Hmm..yeaaah~"

    ResponderExcluir
  4. It's very realistic-like~ I'm glad to see you're being comfortable with trying other styles =] Especially after we just had that discussion about not liking reptiles XD

    I'm sure your wyvern is a friendly wyvern ^^
    Will you draw it to have flame breathe? =o
    Can't wait to see it finished ^^

    And I have a gift for you! (Not really a gift, more like... GRAFFITI! *runs*)

    http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9002/sonhophase3.jpg

    ResponderExcluir